[NIFL-ESL:10080] Re: Fw: Diversity in staffing

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 08:48:19 EST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:48:19 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10080] Re: Fw: Diversity in staffing

Bonnie says "I'm teaching now (ESL)(college level)
Japanese students in particular have British pronunciations. Is it my "job"
to make them sound 'American?', or simply to point out the differences and
allow them to make their choice given the standard they will be functioning
in."
 I think you are correct in letting them understand the differences.They can  then make the choice.
Tanya Tweeton
ESOL and GED Programs
Fort Lauderdale, Florida