[NIFL-ESL:10077] Re: certification

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 08:14:54 EST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:14:54 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10077] Re: certification

Yes Ujwala, we need an international set of standards. However if the the emphasis of all programs is not the goal towards  getting students to the workforce, I can see how there might be a problem with this. Some countries may not consider this an important goal and have other considerations as to why they are putting together their programs.
How to standardize internationally ?? What a huge undertaking!!
Tanya Tweeton
GED and ESOL
Fort Lauderdale, Florida