[NIFL-ESL:9866] Re: textbook recommendations?

From: AndresMuro@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 12:26:50 EST

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 12:26:50 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AndresMuro@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9866] Re: textbook recommendations?

Any print that is available in your community, ie: road signs, newspapers newspaper adds, credit card applications, health related infomation, brochures from different agencies, magazines, nutrtion information from food tags, voter regiswtration cards, etc. Depending on the level, you can use larger type print with single words for beginner students, and more complex stuff as they progress.

If you want a book, put all the info in binder and call it ESL book. With the money that you save hire someone to train your teachers to use real life print to teach ESL, or better yet, just send it to me.

Andres

--
go here: www.geocities.com/andresmuro/art.html