[NIFL-ESL:9943] Re: Staff Diversity in ABE ESOL Programs

From: Janet Isserlis (Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 11:31:05 EST

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:31:05 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Janet Isserlis <Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9943] Re: Staff Diversity in ABE ESOL Programs

and isn't it also about learners and colleagues gaining richer depth
in perspectives, understandings, as well as finding people both "like
me" and "different from me" in ways that help us see the world more
fully?  so that diversity is not only about race and ethnicity, but
also about ways of knowing, teaching and learning?

By no means do I intend to diminish the importance of racial and
cultural diversity under discussion, but also want to broaden it, a
bit, to include a range of ways of knowing.  It has to do with the
processes through which a whole bunch of outcomes are reached, no?

Janet Isserlis