[NIFL-ESL:10626] Re: Defending Workplace ESL

From: Elliot Family (aaelliot@carolina.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 14:19:24 EST

Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:19:24 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Elliot Family" <aaelliot@carolina.rr.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10626] Re: Defending Workplace ESL

Peter,
You should emphasize the fact that the oral communication between employer
and employee will increase, and as a consequence miscommunication, which
usually entails problems, that translate into loss of money,  will decrease.
I will send you websites of some articles of the positive consequences
effective communication brings to companies.  I'm sure that the employees
conduct an avenue of communication with native speakers employees.  If they
could only visualize how productivity or efficiency will improve if they can
communicate will "all" their employees.

Alejandra Elliot