[NIFL-ESL:10321] RE: TPR Storytelling

From: Diane Snell (dsnell@racineliteracy.com)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 14:14:53 EDT

Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:14:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Diane Snell" <dsnell@racineliteracy.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10321] RE: TPR Storytelling

HI,

I'm posting the following from one of our ESL trainers who uses TPR as an
ESL tutor for adults and as a high school classroom (Spanish) teacher.  It
has proven very effective in both situations.

***

We have TPR storytelling materials at the Racine Literacy Council.  We
presented the Story telling method using Blaine Ray's materials at an
in-service at our council.  Acting out stories is not always conducive to
one on one tutoring, however the stories can be re-told using illustrations.
Illustrations are included in Blaine's materials.

This method can be adapted to other classroom materials.  It does not take
much time to create a short story using vocabulary words from other
materials.

***

Diane K. Snell
ESL Education Coordinator