[NIFL-ESL:10111] FW: Writing ESL

From: Tina Kush (mkush@cpinternet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 09:56:14 EST

Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 09:56:14 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tina Kush" <mkush@cpinternet.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10111] FW: Writing ESL

Hi There!
I am interested in learning about any adult ESL materials that can help me
with a particular student. He is high level in reading CASA 230, has good
oral skills, BUT has real trouble writing. Since he is rather new to me, I'm
not sure about his phonemic awareness. I am looking for writing materials
(text, workbook) for teaching him skills that pertain to real life
situations such as notes to the boss, notes to a child’s teacher. He has
difficulty spelling and a very small sight spelling list of maybe less than
ten words. His first language is Spanish and he has some trouble with sound
spelling due to vowel sounds.  Our time together is limited and he really
does not have time outside of class to practice too much. Tutor friendly
materials would really be helpful. Thank for your ideas, Massiel