[NIFL-ESL:10079] Re: requirements and pay equity

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 08:39:53 EST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:39:53 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10079] Re: requirements and pay equity

 "With the talk of setting certain requirements for Adult Ed teachers, I was
wondering if any of the states or districts that have set requirements have
seen any kind of pay equity as a result for Adult Education teachers all
things being equal (like certification). And if you do have pay equity in
your state (for example, Adult Ed teachers get paid on the same scale as
K-12 teachers) how was this accomplished?"

 I just answered this with a reply today in another question concerning our state of Florida. All teachers must be state certified to teach ANYTHING  so therefore the pay scale is the same. Obviously if you are from a community agency  or volunteer organziation, you don't have to have this  state certification but most look for it.
Tanya Tweeton
ESOL and GED
Fort Lauderdale,Florida