[NIFL-ESL:10065] Re: [adult ed ESL requirements

From: Spencer Salas (swsalas@uga.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 15:49:08 EST

Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:49:08 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Spencer Salas <swsalas@uga.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10065] Re: [adult ed ESL requirements

Dear Olivia,

In 1994 I joined the D.C. Spirit Project--a joint venture
betwen D.C. Public Schools and The George Washington
University to provide accellerated provisional certification
for urban educators.

Since then similar partnerships have been formed at GWU and
D.C. schools--and beteen a number of Universities (see, e.g.
TELL at the University of Georgia)and local school systems.

Spencer