[NIFL-ESL:9917] Re: Community Involvement

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 15:48:55 EST

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 15:48:55 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9917] Re: Community Involvement

 I see Susan, I do believe it depends on the population one is serving.As I stated some of my students don't have the food for their next meal....
Yes I do understand, if one comes already educated, from another country,their level of need isn't so great.Finding food ( a most basic necessity if one thinks back to Maslow's hierarchary of needs) is not a priority so they are able concentrate on higher level issues. I had to dismiss a student from my class that will be living on the streets.We couldn't take care of his needs. We also couldn't find a place that could help him completely, being that he is illegal.....a sad situation..........
Cordially Tanya Tweeton