[NIFL-ESL:9755] Re: restaurant worker materials

From: Barbara Coons (MCoons@leegov.com)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 15:18:30 EST

Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:18:30 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Barbara Coons" <MCoons@leegov.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9755] Re: restaurant worker materials

McGraw-Hill Contemporary has a series called Make Your Mark by Grebel and Pogrund with 4 industry-specific titles.  Each item is available separately, but each title includes student text, audiocassette, and teacher's guide.  They are:
- Make Your Mark in Food Service
- Make Your Mark in the Hotel Industry
- Make Your Mark in Retail Jobs
- Make Your Mark in Health Services

These were purchased for our libraries and repackaged to circulate as kits.  They are seeing quite a bit of use.

McGraw-Hill Contemporary's phone # is 1-800-621-1918.  Web site is www.mhcontemporary.com.

Barb Coons
Literacy Coordinator
Lee County Library System
3095 Blount St.
Fort Myers FL 33916-4100
mcoons@leegov.com
Phone:  (239) 461-5885
Fax:       (239) 334-7940

>>> cshank@access.k12.wv.us 01/07/04 02:51PM >>>
I have a teacher in my program that is looking for a specialized ESL
book or resource that focuses on restaurants--especially for students
that work as servers and have difficulty understanding the customers and
explaining 'today's special' for example...  This teacher works
primarily with beginning and low intermediate ESL students.

Any ideas?? I would appreciate your help.

Cathy C. Shank, Adult Education Special Populations Coordinator
West Virginia Adult Education and Literacy Information Network
RESA III, 501 22nd Street, Dunbar, WV  25064
Phone:  304-766-7655 ext. 112 or 1-800-257-3723 ext. 112; Fax:
304-766-7915
cshank@access.k12.wv.us