[Assessment 1828] Join or Renew Membership with AALPD by April 1

Jackie A. Taylor

jackie at jataylor.net
Mon Mar 30 09:46:50 EDT 2009

Dear Colleagues,

Please see Jane Greiner's message below and join or renew your
membership with AALPD today. Deadline: Wednesday, April 1st.

The Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) is a
national professional association for those working or interested in
adult literacy professional development. AALPD is a member of the
National Coalition for Literacy and an affiliate of COABE. www.aalpd.org
<http://www.aalpd.org/>

Each year, AALPD builds a new membership list from scratch. This helps
us keep our records current while increasing our numbers so that our
voices are heard when building support for professional development on
local, state, and national levels.

I hope you will encourage others to join or renew today.

To join or renew, visit:
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_withvoting09.cfm

Thanks, and have a great week!

Jackie Taylor

Professional Development List Facilitator, AALPD

jackie at jataylor.net

Hello everyone:

AALPD is looking forward to an active year ahead in building support for
professional development, sharing PD standards, and creating resources
to support our work - and we want you to be involved!

Our 2009 AALPD membership drive will be closing this week. Please JOIN
or RENEW your membership by Wednesday, April 1 at:

http://www.aalpd.org/membership_withvoting09.cfm

AALPD maintains an annual membership, and we will refresh our membership
database at the close of the membership drive. Please renew your
membership, even if your contact information has not changed.

Vote While You Renew Membership
While you are renewing membership, you have the opportunity to vote on
the 2009 slate of AALPD officers (Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and
Treasurer). Please vote by Wednesday, April 1!

AALPD 2009 Activities

AALPD is/will be:

* Strategic planning for AALPD's role in advancing adult literacy
professional development
* Advocating for professional development
* Providing opportunities for leadership in working groups that
address AALPD priorities
* Facilitating the adoption and implementation of professional
development quality standards and policies
* Planning the preconference session and AALPD strand for the 2010
COABE/ProLiteracy conference in Chicago
* Strengthening PD networking opportunities

AALPD Ongoing Activities

AALPD:

* Hosts an annual preconference at COABE
* Co-sponsors the Adult Literacy Professional Development
discussion list in partnership with the National Institute for Literacy
* Provides a Professional Development Registry where you can find
and contribute facilitator materials

Thank you for your participation in AALPD. I look forward to an active
year ahead.

For the AALPD Executive Board,

Jane Greiner

jgreiner at proliteracy.org

Vice Chair, Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers
http://www.aalpd.org/

Professional Development Coordinator, ProLiteracy www.proliteracy.org