[Assessment 1706] Re: Assessment Digest, Vol 41, Issue 21

Charlene Salazar

csalazar at delmar.edu
Thu Feb 5 16:59:07 EST 2009

All -

At Del Mar College are students are introduced to computerized tests
through the computer software known as PLATO. PLATO allows them to take
practice tests in all of the five subject areas found in the GED exam.
Every Thursday our students also take what we call OPT'S (Official
Practice Tests). When a student has mastered a subject, they are allowed
to test in the computer lab with a proctor who records their score(s).
When a student tests in all five subject areas and reaches a combined
score of 2500 or higher, they are then given the green light to take the
official GED exam and given a scholarship to pay for the test.

Charlene Salazar