[Assessment 1897] Basic Reading Skills Discussion Begins Today!

Marie Cora

marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue May 26 09:27:42 EDT 2009

Hello everyone, I hope this email finds you well.

Today begins our discussion on

Basic Reading Skills and the Literacy of the America's Least Literate
Adults: Results from the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy
(NAAL) Supplemental Studies

I am pleased to welcome Dr. Sheida White and Dr. John Sabatini as guests
for this 4-day discussion. Please visit the URL below for the full
announcement and information on accessing the report.

http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/09readingskills.html

I hope you have had the opportunity to read through the Executive
Summary of the report. Please send your questions and comments about
the report to the discussion list now.

I will start us off with a question for subscribers: What does the
report tell you about the need for adult literacy services today, and
how might this affect your program practice?

Thanks!

Marie

Marie Cora
Assessment Discussion List Moderator