[Assessment 1815] AALPD Membership and Voting - Now Open!

Jane Greiner

jgreiner at proliteracy.org
Thu Mar 12 13:18:15 EDT 2009

Dear Adult Literacy Assessment and Evaluation Colleagues,

Through the end of March, the Association of Adult Literacy Professional
Developers (AALPD) invites you to join or renew your membership at:

http://www.aalpd.org/membership_withvoting09.cfm

AALPD is a national organization for professional developers committed
to advancing the field of adult literacy professional development
(http://www.aalpd.org/). Anyone working or interested in professional
development can join. As an affiliate of COABE (Commission on Adult
Basic Education), AALPD meets at COABE Conferences and other
professional development events. AALPD is a member of the National
Coalition for Literacy.

AALPD Membership Benefits

* Membership is free!

* You can vote for AALPD officers and on special issues that arise.

* You can have input into the design of the COABE pre-conference session
next year (2010).

* You can choose to participate at various levels of involvement to
further key priorities identified by our members.

* You can help to strengthen AALPD's voice in advocacy by demonstrating
a strong membership of concerned practitioners committed to professional
development.

Vote While You Join or Renew Membership

While you are joining or renewing membership, you have the opportunity
to vote on the 2009 slate of AALPD officers (Chair, Vice-Chair,
Secretary, and Treasurer). Please vote by Wednesday, April 1!

Renewing Membership:

As we grow and expand, we need updated information about our members in
order to advocate effectively for professional development and to
provide members with the best possible services. Please renew your
memberships by registering as an AALPD member each year.

========

Join or renew now at http://www.aalpd.org/membership_withvoting09.cfm

========

AALPD 2009 Activities

AALPD is/will be:

* Strategic planning for AALPD's role in advancing adult literacy
professional development

* Advocating for increased funding for professional development

* Providing opportunities for leadership in working groups that address
AALPD priorities

* Facilitating the adoption and implementation of professional
development quality standards and policies (Voting on PD quality
standards will take place in April, 2009, immediately after our
membership drive!)

* Planning the preconference session and AALPD strand for the 2010
COABE/ProLiteracy conference in Chicago

* Strengthening PD networking opportunities

AALPD Ongoing Activities

AALPD:

* Hosts an annual preconference at COABE

* Co-sponsors the Adult Literacy Professional Development discussion
list in partnership with the National Institute for Literacy

* Provides a Professional Development Registry where you can find and
contribute facilitator materials

Thank you for joining or renewing your membership with AALPD. I look
forward to an active year ahead.

For the AALPD Executive Board,

Jane Greiner

Vice Chair, Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers

Professional Development Coordinator, ProLiteracy

jgreiner at proliteracy.org