[Assessment 1674] Re: Assessment Digest, Vol 41, Issue 13

Stephanie Moran

stephanie at durangoaec.org
Wed Feb 4 18:40:32 EST 2009

I agree with Kathy, and we do address technology in our Transition program by having Ss first navigate our community college email system and doing really simple tasks/assignments in an online course environment. They also do basic research on careers via the internet because there are several really phenomenal .gov and .org sites. We are a computer-based world with very few businesses remaining off the grid.

That said, it would help greatly if technology were more fully supported at the state level and a tech piece expected as part of a GED curriculum; it’s not currently, yet being technologically versed if not proficient is certainly a standard for most graduating seniors.