[Assessment 1898] Re: Basic Reading Skills Discussion Begins Today!

Dianna Baycich

dbaycich at literacy.kent.edu
Tue May 26 14:27:48 EDT 2009

need for adult literacy, especially at the lowest levels. With the current
focus on transitions in adult education, there is a concern that students at
these lowest levels will be neglected.

The report also highlights the importance of reading fluency. Adult literacy
teachers often neglect fluency, saying their students would "rather die than
read out loud". How can we help students improve their reading fluency in a
non-threatening way?

Dianna

_____