[Assessment 1652] Re: Assessment Digest, Vol 41, Issue 14

Charlene Salazar

csalazar at delmar.edu
Wed Feb 4 10:37:35 EST 2009

Stephanie -

Your former student can't get into college because of her reading score?
Did she take a placement test? I would think that she would be admitted
and just have to take a remedial reading class. At Del Mar College
students are given that opportunity. What is your student suppose to do in
the mean time? I know how frustrating it can be to do everything to
prepare a student for college and then have something like that happen.

Charlene Salazar
Transitions Liaison
Del Mar College
Department of GED Instruction