[Assessment 1627] Re: Assessment Digest, Vol 41, Issue 1-- Transitions: Resources, Obstacles, Etc.

Helton, B.J. (KYAE)

BJ.Helton at ky.gov
Tue Feb 3 17:31:02 EST 2009

Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon of having students take each of
the GED subtests individually, you should check with your state GED
administrator. Some states have a provision for taking all the subtests
before retesting on any subtest. The GED Tests are considered a body of
knowledge and while they be divided for testing purposes the intent is
to master the entire body and not concentrate on one at a time.
Secondly, if taken one by one the student may not achieve the overall
average and then will have to go back to each test and improve the
scores. There is a big difference in the minimum score of 410 and 450.