[Assessment 1606] Just joining us?

Marie Cora

marie.cora at hotspurpartners.com
Tue Feb 3 16:25:32 EST 2009

Hi all,

If you are just now joining us, please visit:
<http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/08data.html>
http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/assessment/09transitions.html for
full information on our present discussion "Strategies for Addressing
Transitions in Adult Basic Education". Please send your questions and
comments to the List now.

You can read the discussion in a couple of ways:

1. join us here in real time to read and/or add your voice to the
conversation;

2. receive the daily posts in digest format so you can read them at the
end of the day (see below for instructions);

3. read the discussion in the Assessment List archives at
http://www.nifl.gov/pipermail/assessment/2008/date.html
(you do not need to be subscribed to read the daily archives)

4. read the discussion transcript once the discussion has closed - I
prepare the transcript in user-friendly format so that it can
subsequently be used in a variety of ways; I will post the transcript on
the NIFL website; it usually takes me a week or two to prepare it.

Any questions!? Please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Marie Cora
Assessment Discussion List Moderator
marie.cora at <http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/assessment>
hotspurpartners.com

Digest Format

This format allows subscribers to receive Discussion List messages
"bundled" into one or two emails per day. The subject line will not be
topic-specific, so any replies to digest format often mean the subject
line will need adjusting before replying. Also, subscribers using digest
format do not receive the information that was posted right away.
Because of that, this option may or may not suit everyone's needs.

>From the Assessment Discussion List page:

Scroll down to Unsubscribe and other options at the bottom and enter
your subscription email address.

This takes you to a page where it asks you if you want to unsubscribe or
to log in using your password. Log in. (There is a button you can click
to have your password emailed to you if you've forgotten it.)

Once you've logged in, scroll down to where it reads "set digest mode".
Click this to "on", then scroll down further and click "submit my
changes."

Marie Cora, Moderator
Assessment Discussion List
National Institute for Literacy