[HealthLiteracy 2376] Re: starting point

Holly Biola

holly.biola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:39:49 EDT 2008

Arina,
I am in the process of creating a website that will have links to about 150
separate, printable, low-literacy appropriate patient education materials
that are freely available from federal, state, or professional society sites
regarding the 100 or so most common conditions in our population. This is a
project being hosted by Community Care of North Carolina (NC Medicaid's
community management system) and we have been working on it since late
Spring. I hope to have the site up and running by the end of 2008. When
the site is "live" I will post a link to this listserve to ask this august
group for input.

We hope to use a Web 2.0 format that allows for input/feedback, but I am not
sure yet whether that will be doable. Stay tuned, maybe we can be of
particular use to you, given that you're in NC too.

Best,
Holly Biola, MD, MPH
Physician Consultant
Geriatrics/ Family Medicine/ Preventive Medicine
Office of Rural Health and Community Care of North Carolina
NC Department of Health and Human Services
holly.biola at gmail.com