[HealthLiteracy 2076] Re: WIC Mother's Health Literacy Campaign

Janet Sorensen

Jsorensen at afmc.org
Thu Jun 12 14:30:55 EDT 2008

I'm interested. We recently applied for a grant to develop a health
literacy curriculum for Head Start parents in a county in Arkansas. The
primary goal, specified in the RFP, is to reduce nonurgent emergency
room visits. We have some ideas, which we laid out in our proposal, but
nothing set in stone. We are thinking about a fotonovela for the
Hispanic parents, and it might be adaptable for the rest of the parents
as well.
Janet Sorensen
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care