[HealthLiteracy 1662] Re: Medical School curriculum

Julie McKinney

julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Thu Jan 17 09:48:09 EST 2008

Thanks, Andrew!

Many of you out there wrote in to say "put me on the list", thinking that we were making a list of people to send this curriculum list out to. But you can just access it online at the address Andrew gave:

http://www.advancinghealthliteracy.com/curricula.html

Please send other relevant curriculum or syllabi you have if they are not on this list! Send them to Andrew at:

pleasant at AESOP.Rutgers.edu

What a great resource!
Julie

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator
World Education/NCSALL
jmckinney at worlded.org

>>> Andrew Pleasant <pleasant at AESOP.Rutgers.edu> 01/15/08 6:28 PM >>>

Hi everyone,

First, sorry . I wrote this a while ago .. but somehow it never made
it out of my out box.

So, the message was ... in between the in betweens on my calendar
and the end of the semester, I pulled together the various
submissions for syllabus/ curricula on health literacy as per the
earlier discussion.

You can find the collection I have received to date at ...
http://www.advancinghealthliteracy.com/curricula.html

There aren't that many actually - so I suspect it may not a complete
list. I will update this as I receive more submissions .. so keep
them coming! If I missed any earlier contributions, apologies and do
let me know if that was the case and I'll correct asap.

Best wishes,

Andrew Pleasant

Andrew Pleasant
Assistant Professor
Department of Human Ecology
Extension Department of Family and Community Health Sciences
Cook Office Building, 55 Dudley Road #207
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
phone: 732-932-9153 x. 320; fax: 732-932-6667