[HealthLiteracy 2254] Re: Easy to read Prostate Cancer info

Brach, Cindy (AHRQ)

Cindy.Brach at ahrq.hhs.gov
Thu Aug 21 20:32:59 EDT 2008

AHRQ has recently published a guide for men on prostate cancer that is written in plain language for a lay audience. Treating Prostate Cancer: A Guide for Men With Localized Prostate Cancer is one of a series of AHRQ Consumer Summary Guides. You can find it at: http://effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/healthInfo.cfm?infotype=sg&ProcessID=9&DocID=98

Cindy Brach
Center Delivery, Organization, and Markets
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
540 Gaither Road
Rockville, MD 20850
301-427-1444
fax: 301-427-1430
Cindy.Brach at ahrq.hhs.gov

________________________________

>>> "Marshall, Caroline" <Caroline.Marshall at danhosp.org> 08/21/08 1:10 PM >>>

Hello all,

I am trying to find some easy to read handouts or brochures for a series
of town meetings. The first meeting is on Prostate Cancer. I have
found plenty of information but I would like to include some easy to
read handouts. I have checked MedlinPlus but they offer a video
tutorial, this has to be in print. Do any of you know a resource I could
use.

Regards,

Caroline

______________________________
Caroline Marshall
Health Sciences Librarian

Horblit Health Sciences Library

Danbury Hospital, 24 Hospital Avenue, Danbury, CT 06810
V: (203) 739-7419 | F: (203) 739-7568 | caroline.marshall at danhosp.org
http://www.danburyhospital.org <http://www.danburyhospital.org/>

This transmittal is intended for a particular addressee(s). If it is not
clear that you are the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this transmittal in error; any review, copying or
distribution or dissemination is strictly prohibited. If you suspect
that you have received this transmittal in error, please notify Danbury
Health Systems immediately by email reply to the sender, and delete the
transmittal and any attachments.
READER BEWARE: Internet e-mail is inherently insecure and occasionally
unreliable. Please contact the sender if you wish to arrange for secure
communication or to verify the contents of this message.