[HealthLiteracy 2458] Re: Introduction to the photonovella discussion

Benn, Linda

Linda.Benn at cdha.nshealth.ca
Mon Nov 17 09:59:39 EST 2008

The idea of producing a photonovella is of great interest to me. Not only is it interactive and a nontraditional method of patient education, but is also a way of incorporating a greater understanding of dirversity into the educational process. Those from a more diverse background will benefit from the content, while our staff will gain a greater understanding that all cultures do not learn via the same and more traditional method (pamphlets). I have been considering the development of a photonovella dealing with "informed Consent". I would also like to post it on our web site in a slide show format with voice over (I am not even sure if we are capable of this!). I am still in the brain stroming mode and I am not sure of how to proceed. My biggest challenge will be to find a population to help me with this project.
Linda Benn