[HealthLiteracy 2221] Thank you

Matt Gayer

mcggayer at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 11:19:59 EDT 2008

Colleagues,
This is the last week of my summer long internship working with Health Literacy at the Jefferson County Health Department in Missouri. I just wanted to express my deepest gratitude for all you participating on this discussion list. This is truly a unique opportunity for professionals from across the country to share ideas and learn from each other, as I have definitely done. Anytime I have had questions or ideas, there was always an immediate and quality response, answer, or evaluation. As a pre-med student, I will definitely remember the importance of HL in my practice, and will remain an advocate for it. As I have told my coworkers, even though I will no longer be an intern there, I am very interested in remaining up to date on the latest in HL and watching as we progress toward improved communication and HL. For those of you who I have had an opportunity to discuss the new provider education program we created, I will remain available to answer any questions,
provide materials, or continued support. I wish you all the best, and this list has truly been a great educational and professional resource to me.

Best wishes,
Matt

Matt Gayer
Community Health Intern