[HealthLiteracy 2072] Wednesday Question: List Housekeeping Questions

Julie McKinney

julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Wed Jun 11 13:34:54 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

Ok, sorry for the boring Wednedsay Question, but I want to ask for your
advice on a couple things about the list itself. There are two
situations when I'm not sure to pass all messages through or not. I can
see reasons for both. I like this to be a casual and friendly discourse,
but I want to avoid cluttering the list with too many messages.

1. When someone sends in a great resource, several people write in to
say "Great resource! Thanks!" I like to pass these through to let the
person who sent it know that the resource is well received, and also to
let others know that it has been reviewed and liked by some, which helps
its credibilty. But I also know that everyone reads way too e-mails each
day and we need to be concise. So what do you think?

Suggestion: I could NOT pass them through, but send one e-mail a week
later verifying that it was well-liked.

2. The other situation is when someone ask for a certain kind of
resource, (like a survey or tool, research backing up a point, etc.) and
several others write in and say "Hey, if you find that, let me know!"
What I hope is that people will always assume that the list will be
interested and all resources of value should be shared with the list
anyway! But when this happens, should I send the message out or not?

Suggestion: Everyone should answer these requests on the list if
possible, so that we all can see what is being recommended. (If it is
something very obsure, then you can make your recommendation directly to
the person who posted the request.) Then we can all assume that the
relevant information will, indeed, be shared on the list.

What do you all think? I'd like to get your input, so we can make sure
the list is doing its best for you all.

Thanks for your patience w/ this!
Julie

Julie McKinney