[HealthLiteracy 2054] New current awareness resource on health literacy resources

Esparza, Julia M.

jespar at lsuhsc.edu
Fri Jun 6 08:58:02 EDT 2008

Friends,

I would like to announce the recently created Health Literacy Alerts
http://healthliteracyalerts.blogspot.com
<http://healthliteracyalerts.blogspot.com> . This resource is to try to
capture studies, reports and other information regarding health literacy
in one place. This was created as a companion resource to my LSUHSC-S
Medical Library Evidence Alert. You can use a feed reader to know when
the site is updated or you can bookmark the page and return to it often.
If I see resources mentioned online I will post those as well. It won't
be able to gather everything published but it will at least give us one
way to try to stay on top of the literature. Most of the resources will
NOT be available free since most are reports in journals. Your library
will need to have access to the journal or you might have to ask to
receive the resource via interlibrary loan. The focus will be on health
literacy and not general literacy. I just wouldn't have time to cover
all the literature published in general literacy. If you see a resource
please let me know and I can make an entry for it.

Julie

Julie Esparza

Clinical Medical Librarian

LSU Health Sciences Center - Shreveport, LA

LSUHSC-S Medical Library Evidence Alert

http://lsuhsc-sevidencealert.blogspot.com
<http://lsuhsc-sevidencealert.blogspot.com/>

Health Literacy Alerts