[HealthLiteracy 1868] Re: help

Lisa Bernstein

lisab at whattoexpect.org
Wed Mar 26 12:53:02 EDT 2008

And thus, Janet, your story effectively illustrates that WE ALL have low
health literacy -- and NO ONE teaches healthcare professionals how to
effectively communicate with patients - no matter their education or
socio-economic standing. So while those in the literacy field need to help
adult learners access health information their will not be real change until
we can work with in the healthcare system and medical schools -- which I'm
happy to tell you there are plenty of doctors, nurses and writers (Including
many on this listserve) working on right now.

--
Lisa Bernstein
Executive Director

Providing prenatal health and literacy support so that women in need know
what to expect when expecting.