[HealthLiteracy 1832] Re: Health Litearcy Definitions

Joanne Schwartzberg

Joanne.Schwartzberg at ama-assn.org
Fri Mar 7 16:15:43 EST 2008

I think we need to broaden the discussion a bit - following on the
definition of general literacy which includes the ability to function on
the job and obtain one's potential...it is not only necessary to
understand and evaluate the information, but also to know how to act
upon it successfully..

Joanne

Joanne G. Schwartzberg, MD
Director, Aging and Community Health