[HealthLiteracy 2549] Re: Wednesday Question: Lookingfor CompellingHealth Literacy Facts

Janet Sorensen

Jsorensen at afmc.org
Wed Dec 3 17:47:52 EST 2008

Amen. Rewriting a patient handout for readability and clarity can
prevent so-called "patient errors" and even save lives.

Rewriting and testing with the target audience costs very little,
compared to the potential financial and other costs of such "errors."
Maybe we need more studies to prove it.

Janet Sorensen, Writer
Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care