[HealthLiteracy 1950] Re: regarding informed consent

MarkH38514 at aol.com

Thu Apr 24 07:18:49 EDT 2008

One problem with consent forms is terrible sentence construction. I have a
recent 2-page publication that gives some "before" and "after" examples of
consent form language: Hochhauser, M. (2008) Too Many Unnecessary Words =
Confusing Consent Forms. SoCRA Source: A Publication of the Society of Clinical
Research Associates, 56, 58-59.

If anyone's interested, email me off list and I'll be happy to send you a
pdf version.

Mark Hochhauser

Mark Hochhauser, Ph.D.
Readability Consultant