[HealthLiteracy 1725] Wednesday question: How do you find partners?

Julie McKinney

julie_mcKinney at worlded.org
Wed Jan 30 14:55:49 EST 2008

Hi Everyone,

Since our field is coming so far along in its use of collaborations across professions, I'd like to address how we find partners when we start a health literacy project or initiative.

For those in the health care, adult literacy, library, or other sector, how do you find partners from other fields when you start a health literacy project?

Which fields do you seek out to collaborate with?

How do you find local sites to partner with?

How do you identify an effective person within a site to work with?

This is not an easy task, but it has enormous benefits to almost all projects, and I applaud all those who are doing it so diligently! Please share what you have learned about this!

All the best,
Julie

Julie McKinney
Discussion List Moderator