[HealthLiteracy 1705] Request for information on collaborations

lisa jones

lisamjones44 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 23 12:21:24 EST 2008

Ian -

Some of the best work I've seen done by literacy workers partnering with health care providers has been done by Lisa Bernstein and her group at the What to Expect Foundation. Their baby basics program not only gives pregnant women health information and literacy skills, but simultaneously teaches the providers how to address health literacy. www.whattoexpect.org They also have outcomes based measures that show a change in patient behavior after the program.

I'd be happy to provide you with more information or Lisa Bernstein's contact information offline.

Hope that helps,
Lisa M. Jones, MD
www.wellLifeeducation.com