[NIFL-ESL:11089] bilingual adult ESL status?

From: PAUL ROGERS (pwaynerogers@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 20:27:49 EDT

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: PAUL ROGERS <pwaynerogers@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:11089] bilingual adult ESL status?

I recently found the message below and would like to
know if anyone has information regarding the
conference mentioned.
Paul Roger

A CORDIAL INVITATION
In the past, we've thought about bilingual education
in reference to
children.  However, bilingual education can be a
dynamic and powerful tool to
help adults develop the skills they need to be
successful in the workplace.

>From El Paso to Milwaukee to New York, adult
bilingual education, especially
using Spanish, is taking hold.

Students in such programs participate in numerous
components, such as native
language job-skills training, English as a Second
Language (often targeted to
specific career areas), ESL GED, and Spanish GED.
Adult workplace
bilingual/ESL teachers need the same kinds of
networks, curricula,
assessments, and support systems as do K-12 bilingual
educators.

The National Association for Bilingual Education
(NABE) is supporting this important new movement and
has established a SIG on Adult Workplace Bilingual/ESL
Education.

This is also a great opportunity to draft a policy
agenda.

Please join us in Philadelphia at the NABE 2002
conference: