[NIFL-ESL:10887] RE: NIFL-ESL digest 2707

From: Tom Zurinskas (truespel@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 26 2005 - 18:56:55 EDT

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 18:56:55 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tom Zurinskas" <truespel@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10887] RE: NIFL-ESL digest 2707

I believe the phonetics first approach is a good approach to learning any
language.  The truespel converter respells USA English into a simple
phonetic spelling.   Spanish could be respelled as well using the same
truespel phonemes.  Spanish adepts could learn English by seeing the
difference in pronunciation.

If anyone would want to work on a Spanish version of truespel, let me know
and we'll get started.

Tom Zurinskas
creator of truespel

Convert English to truespel (USA accent) by copy/pasting at
http://www.foreignword.com/dictionary/truespel/transpel.htm

Truespel Book One: Analysis of the Sounds (Phonemes) of USA English
http://www.authorhouse.com/bookstore/itemdetail.aspx?bookid=16593

Truespel is the world's first keyboard friendly pronunciation guide spelling
system. See truespel.com. Write tzurinskas@yahoo.com
or for group discussion truespel@yahoogroups.com