[NIFL-ESL:10873] WE LEARN flyer for SF meeting in May

From: mev@litwomen.org
Date: Mon May 16 2005 - 06:36:17 EDT

Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 06:36:17 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "mev@litwomen.org" <mev@litwomen.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10873] WE LEARN flyer for SF meeting in May

Hi all,

The event flyer for the WE LEARN regional meeting in San Francisco is
now available:
http://www.litwomen.org/Regions/SF05_meeting.pdf

please post & spread the word!

WE LEARN Regional Advisory Board -- Organizational Meeting
Tuesday, May 31, 2005
6:00-8:00 pm

Special Guest: Mev Miller, Founder & Director of WE LEARN
Hosted by: Donna Jones, ABE Student Leader

Location of the meeting:
The Woman's Building
3543 18th St. #8
San Francisco, CA
BART & MUNI accessible
http://www.womensbuilding.org/

This event is free and open to the public. Everyone interested in
women's literacy and adult basic education is invited. We especially
would like to invite ABE/ESOL students/learners, teachers, tutors,
administrators, and volunteers.

The purpose of this meeting is for local people to learn more about the
work of WE LEARN, and to establish a regional group interested in
pursuing projects and opportunities to address issues related to
women's literacies and adult basic education.

WE LEARN Mission statement: WE LEARN promotes women's literacy as a
tool for personal growth and social change through networking,
education, action, and resource development.

We are a grassroots, popular education organization and a 501(c)3
non-profit membership organization. We WE LEARN is strong and viable
due to the commitment and energy of our membership.

For more information:
Local contact - Donna Jones, djones113@juno.com
WE LEARN contact: Mev Miller, welearn@litwomen.org

Please spread the word!

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Director
182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910