[NIFL-ESL:10984] RE: Adult Literacy Education Wiki Update

From: David Rosen (djrosen@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 14 2005 - 18:24:08 EDT

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 18:24:08 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: David Rosen <djrosen@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10984] RE: Adult Literacy Education Wiki Update

NIFL-ESL Colleagues,

As requested, the ALE Wiki web address is

     http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Main_Page

To set up a (quick, free) log-in account, in order to add to the ALE
Wiki, go to:

     http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Special:Userlogin

To get started:

Important wiki rule #1: It's impossible to permanently mess up any
page in a wiki.  In the touch of a key the previous version can
easily be restored -- by you -- or anyone.  So feel free to experiment.

For example, here are five steps that take no more than 30 minutes:

First step: bookmark http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/Main_Page
(30 seconds)
Second step: create a login account at http://wiki.literacytent.org/
index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&returnto=Main_Page (45 seconds)
Third step: look over the main page and read the directions at http://
wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/AleDirections (5-10 mins)
Fourth step: Add a paragraph to the Whos Here page http://
wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/WhosHere (5-10 mins)
Fifth step: go to a topic area you are interested in and browse (5-20
mins)

Here's a four-step method to add your bio to WhosHere

1. After logging in, go to http://wiki.literacytent.org/index.php/
WhosHere
2. Select the edit tab
3. Scroll dow the edit window to the bottom, and after the five
dashes add your bio.  You might want to look at the formattin g that
others have used, for example, the == ''' before and after your name.
4. When you are done add five dashes to amke a horizontal line, then
select Show preview.  If you like it, then be sure to select Save
page.  Otherwise, just backspace and make changes in the text until
you get it the way you want.

Wikify away!

David J. Rosen
djrosen@comcast.net