[NIFL-ESL:10899] RE: Help needed recruiting students for ESL classes

From: dezreen@excite.com
Date: Tue May 31 2005 - 14:42:22 EDT

Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 14:42:22 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "dezreen@excite.com" <dezreen@excite.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10899] RE: Help needed recruiting students for ESL classes

Another way to 'find' your students is to poll your current students to find out why enrollment might be down:

Are your classes offered at a good time for your students?
What problems get in the way of their attendance (childcare, transportation, etc.)?

Is this a good or usual time to travel/ go home for a month or so?
Has a big employer recently fired many workers?

How do they know they are successful in the program?
What is the goal (as they see it)?

Kathleen Morgan
Telluride CO