[NIFL-ESL:11116] CAELA Web site redesigned

From: Miriam Burt (miriam@cal.org)
Date: Fri Sep 09 2005 - 09:48:02 EDT

Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:48:02 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Miriam Burt" <miriam@cal.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:11116] CAELA Web site redesigned

Staff members at the Center for Adult English Language Acquisition
(CAELA) are happy to announce that our Web site has been redesigned and
is available for use. The URL of our home page remains the same:
http://www.cal.org/caela as does our goal of providing technical
asistance including resources for practitioners, programs, and states
that assist adults learning English.

The paths to our resources have been reorganized and are accessible by
the left navigation bar, quicklinks with a drop-down menu, and a search
feature on every page.

We have added several features to the CAELA Web site, including a ESL
resources database at
http://www.cal.org/caela/research/resource_database.html
a section about CAELA's state capacity building initiative at
http://www.cal.org/caela/scb/, an events calendar at
http://www.cal.org/caela/about_caela/calendar/, and "Ask CAELA" at
http://www.cal.org/caela/ask_caela/index.html where a different question
from the field is posed and answered each month (this month SPLS are
discussed).

The URLs for most of our resources have changed, but our briefs,
digests, bibliographies, and collections are easily accessible from the
navigation bar and quicklinks.

If you can't find a CAELA resource you need, please email CAELA at
caela@cal.org.

The CAELA Web site is still being developed, so watch for new
developments in the coming months.

Miriam
********
Miriam Burt
Center for Adult English Language Acquisition (CAELA)
Center for Applied Linguistics
4646 40th Street NW
Washington, DC 20016
miriam@cal.org