[NIFL-ESL:10783] Re: Advice-Hearing impaired ESL student

From: Deborah J.C. MS CCC/SLP (deb_bil_slp@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 09 2005 - 17:20:07 EST

Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:20:07 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Deborah J.C. MS CCC/SLP" <deb_bil_slp@yahoo.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10783] Re: Advice-Hearing impaired ESL student

hi-if the child is an English language learner and family only here 1 year
or less, he is likely only in BICS level of language development-basic
interpersonal communication skills.Basic means greetings, simple
conversation may be all he can handle. I would need to know more-working
effectively with this population is my specialty....

DEBORAH JILL CHITESTER M.S.,CCC/SLP
BILINGUAL SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST
CERTIFIED  ACCENT MODIFICATION
Web Site   www.SLLLC.org
E-mail: deb_bil_slp@yahoo.com
732-398-1796(Tel/Fax),  732-642-5118 (cell)
Confidentiality Notice:This transmission may contain information that is
privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are
not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying,
distribution, or use of the information contained herein including any
reliance
thereon is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error,
please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its
entirety,