[NIFL-ESL:10749] quality assessments for adult ESL learners

From: MEGHAN Paulien (megst@msn.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 11:22:17 EST

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:22:17 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "MEGHAN Paulien" <megst@msn.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10749] quality assessments for adult ESL learners

I am a private ESL tutor of adults and children.  Does anyone know of relatively inexpensive, yet quality assessments to use with adults?  I am looking for something I can use prior to tutoring individuals and then to use halfway through the program and possibly at the end.  I'm looking for tests that measure speaking, listening, reading, writing, and  pronunciation?  Or does anyone know of good websites that offer ideas for assessments?  I guess I can just devise my own test if there aren't any good options for a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Meghan S. Paulien

ESL teacher

Find just what you're after with the new, more precise MSN Search - try it now!