[NIFL-ESL:10733] foenubet

From: Tom Zurinskas (truespel@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2005 - 09:23:09 EST

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:23:09 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tom Zurinskas" <truespel@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10733] foenubet

Hi Mary,

You can now type the "phonemic alphabet" in truespel on any keyboard.
That's why truespel was created.  It's an English-friendly,
keyboard-friendly phonetic spelling of USA English.

Using it I've had to create new words to describe what I'm doing.  The
"phonemic alphabet" I call the "foenubet".  It's the set of phonemes of a
language".  Traditional spelling of a language is called tradspel.  Truespel
was designed to be as close to tradspel of English as possible while not
being conflicting.

Truespel was designed to integrate 4 areas.  1. Dictionary phonetic
spelling, 2. Initial teaching for learners phonetically,  3. Translation
guides, 4. Data analysis of English phonemes.  See the following sites.

Truespel Book One: Analysis of the Sounds (Phonemes) of USA English
http://www.authorhouse.com/bookstore/itemdetail.aspx?bookid=16593

Convert English to truespel (USA accent) by copy/pasting at
http://www.foreignword.com/dictionary/truespel/transpel.htm

It's time to put together a proposal for grants on research teaching kids
reading/writing with truespel.  The technique is proven effective.  IBM's
"Writing to Read" system by Dr Henry Martin had k-1 kids reading/writing way
ahead of traditionally taught kids of same social scale.  Conversion to
traditional spelling was no problem.  This was a sample of 10,000 kids in
the 80's tested by ETS.  It faded out after Dr. Martin's death.  But it did
not use regular keyboard letters as truespel does.

So if you or anyone would like to use truespel it's free at the converter
site below.  It's mature and ready for testing.  I'll support anyone
interested in testing.

Tom Zurinskas
creator of truespel

Truespel is the world's first keyboard friendly pronunciation guide spelling
system. See truespel.com. Write tzurinskas@yahoo.com or for group discussion
truespel@yahoogroups.com