[EnglishLanguage 4371] Re: Kinds of adult ed videos

Ujwala Samant

lalumineuse at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 09:25:58 EDT 2009

Dave,

Micro-teaching worked very well when we trained teachers in NWFP Pakistan for the community-based schools project. We would tell the teachers to prepare their best lesson, have it video-taped and then when we all met for training, we would watch and the other teachers would give feedback, suggestions and repeat the exercise a few months later. The teachers said they learned a lot from watching themselves on screen and from the methodologies used by the other teachers, as well as the suggestions they received.

NCSALL-Rutgers should have a collection of ABE videos, that show learners "learning" class rules, getting around them, not the best practice amongst teachers, great patience and sympathy from the teachers, in brief, the entire variety that one sees in ABE classes. We also had video interviews with students giving us feedback as they watched videos of themselves in class.

Regards
Ujwala