[EnglishLanguage 4357] Video - response toquestions - - and question on classroom videos

Miriam Burt

mburt at cal.org
Fri May 22 10:22:13 EDT 2009

Hi, folks.

Amber Gallup Rodríguez wrote that she liked having a video of a classroom to respond to in a discussion on teaching.

It would be great to hear from others of you out there, including those we haven't heard from...

Have others of you used videos in teacher training or in self-reflection, self-assessment? How has that worked?

Can you share with us something about the experience?

1. What worked and what didn't?

2. What do you think the elements of good classroom video making are? What about length of video, minimal equipment needed, preparation for students and teacher beforehand... other?

David Rosen and Owen Hartford produced this video.

David and Owen, would you be willing to speak to what you think the elements of good classroom video making are? Is there any other background info we should have?

Miriam

Miriam Burt

Moderator, Discussion list for practitioners working with adult English language learners

mburt at cal.org