[EnglishLanguage 4285] Re: Teachers discuss ESL/ESOL and Numeracy classroom videos at MLoTS.

Barbara Caballero

barbaracaballero at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 18 09:30:46 EDT 2009

Good morning,
It was the mlots.org Numeracy videos.
Have a great day,
Barbara Rotolo-C.
Instructor - ACC

----- Original Message ----
From: "Wrigley, Heide" <heide at literacywork.com>
To: The Adult English Language Learners Discussion List <englishlanguage at nifl.gov>
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2009 9:51:46 AM
Subject: [EnglishLanguage 4283] Re: Teachers discuss ESL/ESOL and Numeracy classroom videos at MLoTS.

Hi, Barbara and all

I hope your semester ended on a high note and you have an exciting summer ahead of you.

I am currently working with a group of ESL/GED teachers who are stuck on how to make math come alive and while I have some general ideas, I don't have a deep understanding of the subject.

Barbara, do you remember which video you watched and do you have a link to it?  Was it one of the mLots (or something like it) that David Rosen has put together?

There is a curriculum on-line called Money Talks that the adult ed department in Virginia has put together - the link is www.moneytalks.varc,org but if you know of other financial literacy curricula that ring your chimes, can you let the rest of us know?

Thanks so much and have a wonderful summer (it starts early in the Southwest)

Best

Heide