[EnglishLanguage 4190] Re: methods - curriuclum

J. Campbell

jaacey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:44:12 EDT 2009

Lots of answers to this problem question. This is great. I am saving
every suggestion for referral. Now, about my new plan for next Fall.

I was told by my employer to use the text book and complete it before
the end of the course. However, next fall I am using my collection of
picture dictionaries and the text. For 90 minutes we will work on
vocabulary and picture and enactment identification. Then for the next
90 minutes we work on reading and writing with this vocabulary.
Homework will include the workbook lesson and a picture story from/to
text. I believe I can still stay within my employer's time schedule
but I was slow as the class may need or suggest.

I do not have computer access in the classroom nor a movie projector.
Movies are a great idea but.... Also, I have found that reliance on
theory is good for research and debate but most often unproductive for
the classroom. So this is the site for me. Teacher solutions to their
experiences are powerful clatalyses for change toward success.
--
Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig likes it.