[EnglishLanguage 3847] workplace texts

Dottie

dottie at shattuck.net
Wed Feb 4 17:05:23 EST 2009

Colleagues -- I know this question has been asked & answered before, but I
neglected to take notes!

What Workplace texts have worked for you?

I teach refugee adults -- mostly from Burma & Vietnam, most with low
literacy (in L1) and very limited English skills. Right now, very few have
jobs so we want to make good use of increased class time/attendance. We've
had reports of a new hotel complex coming to our area & we want to be ready!

I've looked at 3-4 titles, but I'm not impressed. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Dottie Shattuck
HIAS NC
Charlotte, NC