[EnglishLanguage 3744] Re: Working with Volunteers

JENNIFER HOGG

jlhogg at embarqmail.com
Thu Jan 29 15:23:05 EST 2009

Last semester I had the privilege of having three volunteers for each of my Monday and Wednesday classes with attendance at approximately  12 students per class.  These volunteers were from Madison House at the University of Virginia.  Some students would be working in the educational field and others were volunteering because they wanted to help.   I was thrilled to be able to use these students as one on one help with students as well as a resource for each group when we did group work.  In a number of cases, the volunteers bonded personally with the students.

Thank you for bringing up this topic, as it is a crucial key in being able to effectively manage the various levels and backgrounds of my students.

Jennifer