[EnglishLanguage 4649] Re: computers for families programs+learnerempowerment

Bonnie Odiorne

bonniesophia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 29 14:44:08 EDT 2009

Steve,
No one (to my knowledge) adressed "imposing" one's values in the classroom. Cannot cultural awareness be done with questioning: did you notice this? why do you think that this may or may not be important? what woud you do if...?  how would doing that thing be different in French or Ameircian culture? We read our environments all the time and I can only assume that reading means decoding, interpreting that is tested by experience.Bonnie Odiorne, Ph.D. Director, Writing Center Adjunct Professor of English, French, First Year Transitions, Day Division and ADP
Post University, Waterbury, CT